- Learning that takes place outside of mainstream contexts and settings is important and deserves to be considered the equal of more formal learning.
- Creating the right climate for learning is as important as what is learned
- Learning is a lifelong and lifewide activity
- Doing something creative (in the broadest sense of the word) every day is a powerful way to live
- If you have creative block….lower your standards and carry on
- Performing and writing poetry is a great thing to do
- Developing positive, trusting relationships with young people is a vital step towards successful learning